These little gems are wonderful topped with smoked salmon and sour cream, on their own, or with a full English breakfast.
I have just prepared them as a replacement for a flat bread with a curry.
Simple to make, and devoured in an instant!
4 GOOD SIZED POTATOES, GRATED
2 EGGS BEATEN
2 HEAPED TABLESPOONS OF SELF RAISING FLOUR
1 SMALL ONION, GRATED.
OIL TO FRY.
1. Place all the ingredients except the oil into a bowl and mix well
2. Heat up some oil in a frying pan until hot.
3. Add a mound of the potato into the pan and flatten it to about 10cm in diameter – don’t worry if it’s not a prefect circle.
4. Fry until browned on one side – 3-4 minutes and flip to cook the other side in the same way.
5. Keep made latkes in a warm oven until they are all made – the mix should make about 6.